Thursday, February 29, 2024

Yulia Navalnaya promises to continue her husband’s work

Powerful words from Yulia Navalnaya after the death of her husband Alexei Navalny:

 "I will carry on Alexei Navalny's fight. I will continue to fight for our country. And I urge you to stand by my side. To share not only bitterness and endless pain but also rage, anger and hatred towards those who dared to kill our future.

"I am addressing you with the words of Alexei, in which I believe very much: 'It is not a shame to do little, it is a shame to do nothing, it is a shame to allow yourself to be intimidated.

"We must use every opportunity to fight against war, corruption, and injustice, to struggle for fair elections and freedom of speech, and to fight to get our country back.

"Keep on fighting, and do not give up. I am not afraid - and you should not be scared of anything either.”

The funeral of  Alexey Navalny will be held in Moscow on Friday.

Navalny’s widow Yulia Navalnaya announced the funeral date yesterday. She said she was unsure if it would pass off peacefully and that plans for a civil memorial service had been blocked.

No comments:

Featured Post

UK to expel Russian defence attache as sanctions escalate

This is getting very serious and dangerous. At the same time the far right AfD in Germany is growing in power and status with the passing on...