Thursday, May 23, 2013

RTE Radio behind in news reporting

Last evening's news must have shown some of the most horrible pictures ever seen on television. To hear and see the man wielding a drenched soaked cleaver was chilling.

This morning on RTE Radio reporter Mary Fitzgerald, who was dispatched to London after the event, filed a report.

She said that so far there was no information on either of the alleged perpetrators. Yet BBC's Newsnight reported last night a full file on one of the men.

In a later report on a television programme on alleged poor conditions in a creche the newscaster said the TV programme would be aired on a date yet to be announced.

Two minutes later in 'What the newspapers say' it was announced that the programme would be aired next week.

Not good radio.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Last nights television was not good journalist. That man should not have been shown. One of the broadcast channels had the opportunity to differentiate themselves by showing they had higher editorial standards.

Featured Post

Friedrich Merz promises total support to Ukraine to the end

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz gave over an hour long speech to his CDU party in Stuttgart on Friday. In that speech he stressed over and ...