Phyllis McMahon from Finglas in Dublin joined the Mercy Sisters in 1952. She worked at one of the now infamous 'Magdalene Laundries'.
She left the congregation before final vows. Later she worked as an actor.
When her Itallian-born husband died the first people she called to convey the news were the Mercy Sisters.
"I spent the most impressionable years of my life there. I just couldn't get away from them, really."
What is it at all?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Why won’t people speak to me when I call the number?
This week's column in The Kerryman newspaper. Michael Commane Conor, who is now in his 50s, told me a funny story about how one day some...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
No comments:
Post a Comment