Friday, December 30, 2022

Gracious words from Kylian Mbappe

Fine words from a defeated Kylian Mbappé as reported in the Guardian. He comes across as a decent person.

The 24-year-old Mbappé earns €90.91 million annually. He has one World Cup medal and scored a hat trick in this year's final, which France lost.

“I talked with him after the match, I congratulated him,[Messi]” Mbappé added. “It was a life’s goal for him, for me as well, but I failed, so you must always remain a good sportsman. I don’t think [the defeat] will ever really be swallowed. But as I told my [PSG] coach and teammates, there’s no reason that my club pays the price for a failure with the national team. It was a complicated time … PSG isn’t responsible for our defeat. I tried to come back with the best energy possible, being as positive as possible.”

His he as good a footballer as Pele, who died yesterday?

No comments:

Featured Post

UK to expel Russian defence attache as sanctions escalate

This is getting very serious and dangerous. At the same time the far right AfD in Germany is growing in power and status with the passing on...