Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Thoughtful words from an American poet and Cistercian

                            Nowhere is my destination.

                            And no one is my identity.

My daily bread is powerlessness.
Temptations can be overwhelming.
Gone is every hope of help.

An abyss opens up within me.
I am falling, falling,
Plunging into non-existence.

Is this annihilation?
Or, is it the path to the Silent Love
That we are?. . .

                                                       - Thomas Keating, The Last Laugh                                                            

No comments:

Featured Post

The adopted genius who invented the iMac

On this day, May 6, 1998 Steve Jobs unveiled the first iMac. Jobs, who was born in San Francisco in 1955, was adopted shortly after his birt...