Monday, January 29, 2018

'I'm for everyone'

An excerpt of yesterday's Trump interview with Piers Morgan on ITV.

Is it possible to read anything more inane and silly as this?

Trump was asked in the interview to speak out in defence of women and clarify previous remarks that have provoked a backlash against the president. 

“Well, I think we have to evolve,” he said. “If we don’t evolve, there’s something missing. But I have tremendous respect for women.”

Asked if he was a feminist, Trump said: “I wouldn’t say I’m a feminist. I think that would be maybe going too far. I’m for women, I’m for men, I’m for everyone. 

"I think people have to go out, they have to go out and really do it, and they have to win. Women are doing great, and I’m happy about that.”

Trump told Morgan that he wrote his own tweets, sometimes when lying in bed. “Well, perhaps sometimes in bed, and perhaps sometimes at breakfast, or lunch, or whatever.

"But generally speaking, during the early morning or during the evening, I can do that. But if I’m very busy during the day … and I’ll sometimes just dictate out something really quickly, and I’ll give it to one of my people to put it on.”

No comments:

Featured Post

A railway man who was a gentleman and now a legend

Jimmy O’Grady, who died in March 2014 spent his working life on the railway. He was a gracious and wise man. Jimmy drove the last train out ...