Monday, June 3, 2024

Remembering Franz Kafka, who died 100 years ago today

Today is the anniversary of the

death of Franz Kafka (July 3, 1883 - June 3, 1924) He was born into a Jewish family in Prague and spoke and wrote in German.

His writings had a major influence on 20th century thinking.

RTÉ Radio 1 recalled the life of Kafka on a programme yesterday evening.

A quote from Franz Kafka:

"My job is unbearable to me because it conflicts with my only desire and my only calling, which is literature.... I am nothing but literature and can and want to be nothing else ... Nervous states of the worst sort control me without pause ... A marriage could not change me, just as my job cannot change me."

No comments:

Featured Post

Pilots strike while bosses give themselves 66% raise

Over the last number of days we have been given detailed figures of the pay structure of Aer Lingus pilots.  Ialpa president, Mark Tighe has...