Saturday, November 11, 2023

Wendell Berry invites us to stop, think and see

A poem by American poet Wendell Berry. It appears in The Peace of Wild Things.

Wendell Berry is the author of more than 50 books of poetry, fiction and essays.


                  A Meeting

In a dream I meet my dear friend. He has,

I know, gone long and far.

and yet he is the same for the dead are changeless.

They grow no older. It is I who has changed,

grown strange to what I was.

Yet I, the changed one,

ask: ‘How you been?’

He grins and looks at me.

'I been eating peaches

of some mighty fine trees'.

No comments:

Featured Post

Too many dangerous drivers on our roads

This week’s Mediahuis Irish regional newspapers’ column. Michael Commane Over the last few months there has been non-stop media coverage ask...