Wednesday, October 13, 2021

A man who had no great idea what he wanted to do

A thought or two from recently retired Chief Justice Frank Clarke in an interview with The Irish Times:

“It’s partly about public service and partly because doing exactly the same thing for too long is not necessarily a good idea. It was nice within a single career box to maybe reinvent yourself every decade or so, to do something slightly different.

“I have absolutely enjoyed it, there have been days that were not so enjoyable, but, in the round, yes. I had no great idea what I wanted to do, but I think I found the hole that suited the shape of my peg, as it were, by luck more than anything else. I’m just very glad it happened to work out that way.”

No comments:

Featured Post

UK to expel Russian defence attache as sanctions escalate

This is getting very serious and dangerous. At the same time the far right AfD in Germany is growing in power and status with the passing on...