Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A radio Jim Harris fixed

This comment was written in the first hours of Tuesday, February 23.

Is it a coincidence or was the writer aware that February 22 was the anniversary of the death of Jim Harris OP? Jim died in Newbridge in 2014.

A colourful character indeed. Jim Harris was a distant relative of the writer of this blog, through his mother and my father.

I'm just now..reading about Father Jim Harris's passing. Very sad, May he rest in peace. I was a boarder in Newbridge College 1971 - 1976 and can still remember this very colourful character. He fixed my radio!! Pat Smyth.

An obituary on Jim can be found on this blog on February 22, 2014 and an appreciation, which was published in 'The Irish Times' on March 17, 2014.

No comments:

Featured Post

Keep me from the snares of those who do evil

In the midst of a world in turmoil, torn by hatred and greed, lines from Psalm 140 offer consolation:             To you, Lord God, my eyes ...