Sunday, April 19, 2015

Inspiring leadership words

Below is a quote from Lieut Col Mark Prendergast commanding officer of the 48th Infantry Group of the Irish Defence Forces. The group took up duty on the Golan Heights on April 7, providing military support for UN observers in a zone between Israeli-occupied Syria and Syria proper.

The group consists of 130 men and women, 14 officers, 115 other ranks and a chaplain.

Fine words of leadership.

"I will display my competence to you in my decisions and how we interact, but I will challenge you to show me yours, to show me what you are capable of doing. If you believe I can do my job and I believe you can do your job, we will work very well together.

"There will be no favouritism. There will be no rules for one group and not for another. It will be fair, and if you perceive it not to be fair, I tell you now: challenge it. Say, 'Hold on a minute: how come?' Ask those questions, becasue it is my intention that this has to be fair."

No comments:

Featured Post

A personal request

I would be grateful if Sean, who made a comment on this blog about the late Paddy Cullen, contact me. Is it possible to have your email addr...