Thursday, September 25, 2014

Irish Water wrong again

Approximately five years ago contractors working for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council laid new foothpaths and a road where I live. While doing the job they fitted new water valves with the requisite housing.

Since then I have noticed that the valve housing outside my property leaks and is always flooded.

On a number of occasions I have contacted Irish Water and reported the issue. They told me that they had reported it to the relevant authority and that it was not leaking.

Yesterday Farrans - contractors for Irish Water - arrived on our road.

They are in the process of digging up over 50 per cent of the valves and their housings.

"We have to replace them as they were incorrectly put down the first day. And many of them are leaking," a contractor said thie morning.

What a waste of money and why did Irish Water lie to me?

No comments:

Featured Post

The world sure is in a state of chassis

Conor Cruise O’Brien was prescient when he coined the acronym GUBU when he referring to a political scandal in Ireland during a Haughey gove...