Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Seat row causes United flight to divert to the Windy City

Have you ever been annoyed by someone reclining the seat in front of you or have you ever been berated by the passenger in the seat behind you for reclining your seat.

Some weeks ago I reclined my seat on a Bus Éireann bus. The woman sitting in the seat behind got most agitated and annoyed. So much so that I relented and returned the seat to its upright position. And to make me even more annoyed she was on a 'free pass'.

Today United Airlines had to divert a flight from Newark to Denver to Chicago.

A passenger placed a locking device in the seat in front of him to prevent a woman from reclining her seat. It came to an altercation and the plane diverted to Chaicago, leaving the two passengers in the Windy City.

How do you react when the person sitting beside you takes up all the arm rest?

1 comment:

Karen said...

In the mornings on the coach to work I try and choose a seat with no one behind it so I can recline my seat. My back hurts in the straight upright seats on buses and planes. One woman complained to me once on the bus and I had to explain to her sitting upright was painful. She was not best pleased - it wasn't like I had reclined back the entire way so that I was lying in her lap!

Featured Post

Hugh Grant, John Paul II and Rupert Murdoch

We’ll  never now hear the full story of the sordid ways of Rupert Murdoch. On the other hand don’t we know enough about the man. And it’s un...