Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Priestly spoof

How can 'closeness to Jesus' be linked to priestly ordination?

The old line 'custom and practice' is worth calling to mind.

In these last days I have heard horrific stories of priestly behaviour. I always suspected it but never knew till now. Now I know.

When I hear people talk about 'closeness to Jesus' it reminds me of so much spoof and lies that I have heard year after year, both at an institutional and individual level.

I have had enough of the spoof and humbug.

That clerical spoof, humbug and pious nonsense seems to be in the ascendancy in places right now.

To talk or mention any link between 'closeness to Jesus' and priesthood is extreme arrogance and such an insult to my parents and parents all over the world.

The tools of intimidation and fear might be far closer to priesthood than 'closeness to Jesus'.

Enough.

No comments:

Featured Post

The world sure is in a state of chassis

Conor Cruise O’Brien was prescient when he coined the acronym GUBU when he referring to a political scandal in Ireland during a Haughey gove...