Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A long time late night voice on RTE Radio

Veteran RTE GAA correspondent Seán Óg Ó Ceallacháin retired on Sunday after 62 years working with the State broadcaster.

In the last few days a large number of people have paid tributes to the man.

When I was a child - I must have been between seven and 10 I would get particularly anxious on a Sunday evening if I happened to hear Seán Óg's voice.

And the reason? His report was at 23.00 and if I was still awake at that time I would be upset that I was awake so late and should be asleep much earlier to be ready for school the next day.

Certainly an 'original take' on the great man.

My own father worked until he was 82, was swimming in the North Atlantic at 91 and died at 95.

No comments:

Featured Post

A thought on the Cross for this Good Friday

But with Christ, we have access in a one-to-one relationship, for, as in the Old Testament, it was more one of worship and awe, a vertical r...