Thursday, May 12, 2011

Apple has the perfect docking station

Technology is jumping forward daily.

I'm sitting on the 17.00 ex Heuston Tralee writing this. No longer do I have to try to work my fingers around the touch screen of the Iphone. I can now attach the phone to a keyboard. The keyboard is designed for an Ipad but its port is interfacable with the Iphone.

And while all that is happening there is also great bewilderment taking place.

A colleague at work had one of these and it is perfect for my needs. It may mean I will be able to dispense with my eircom landline.

I was told they were on sale at PC World in Jervis Street, which is about two kilometres from my Dublin office. I looked up the telephone book and dialled the number for PC World. Got through to an office in Chester and had trouble understanding the adviser.

I had a simple question: did PC World in Jervis Street have the item in stock. Without the sale code number she was unable to tell me. That has to be crazy.

I cyceld the two kilometres hoping that they would have them in stock.

Luck was on my side. WHen I asked could I open the box to have a look I was told it was not company policy. After a short pleasant discussion and becasue they had not one on shop display they agreed.

It really is a funny old world.

No comments:

Featured Post

Hugh Grant, John Paul II and Rupert Murdoch

We’ll  never now hear the full story of the sordid ways of Rupert Murdoch. On the other hand don’t we know enough about the man. And it’s un...