Sunday, October 17, 2021

Murdoch has helped make Britain a malevolent place

A quote from film producer David Putnam in conversation with The Irish Times

 “Mirroring the anxieties of many of those angry Brexiteers in 2016, I feel I’ve had my country of birth, and the values I believed it to represent, stolen from me.

“It’s worse than that, I find myself embarrassed by what, on an almost daily basis, I see it becoming – my old enemy Rupert Murdoch’s dream made real. He never liked Britain, and he’s kind of won; he’s helped remake it in his own malevolent image,” he said.

“Given all of this and more, at 80 I no longer find myself with sufficient patience to treat mendacious political inanity with the appearance of courtesy.”

No comments:

Featured Post

It is spring again

  “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” ―  Rainer Maria Rilke