Saturday, August 31, 2019

The shocking behaviour of Cardinal Vincent Nichols


The text below is an excerpt from an article in 'The Tablet' ofAugust 17/24 (p 10) on the beahiour of Cardinal Vincent Nichols with the BBC.

It is about a BBC documentary, 'Kenyon Confronts', which investigated allegations of abuse by priests in the Archdiocese of Birmingham.

Outrageous behaviour.

All true therefore nothing defamatory.

"Speaking of his experience with the Catholic Church during the production of the programme, Paul Kenyon, the programme’s presenter, whom I [Liz Dodd] spoke to a few days later, told me: 

“In my entire career as an investigative journalist, I have never experienced an onslaught of that kind of intense lying and deceit and manipulation.” He said: “I’ve investigated the Gadaffis. I’ve investigated corrupt regimes, revolutions and war zones”, but never experienced “such persistent and dogged liars as the Catholic Church on that occasion."

No comments:

Featured Post

A railway man who was a gentleman and now a legend

Jimmy O’Grady, who died in March 2014 spent his working life on the railway. He was a gracious and wise man. Jimmy drove the last train out ...