Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Seamus Heaney on his faith

Jesuit priest Gerry O'Hanlon in an article of The Tablet of August 25 writes of the need for a synodal church in Ireland.

In talking about the state of faith in Ireland, he quotes Seamus Heaney:

There was never a scene/when I had it out with myself or with another./The loss occurred offstage/
Yet I cannot/disrespect words like 'thanksgiving' or 'host'/ or even 'communion wafer'. They have an undying/pallor and draw, like well water far down.

In so many ways it says so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see pope Francis record of dealing with abuser priest's in Argentina, while he was an archbishop, is finally catching up with him. He has to go.

Featured Post

Former German chancellor snuggles up to Putin in Moscow

Since the beginning of the Russian war in Ukraine Russia has bombed over 4,700 educational institutions in the country according to Ukrainia...