Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas is a strange time

This is from the website of the Catholic Association of Priests.
Brendan Hoban, in his Western People column, offers a seasonal reflection.
"Christmas is a strange time. It has a funny way of creating an empty space around us. Despite the hype, Christmas has a way of stripping our lives down to the essentials. In the midst of Christmas cheer, a small thin voice insists on posing a series of difficult questions: what does it all mean? Am I happy? what is my life for? how can I satisfy that itch within me? how can I satisfy that part of me that nothing seems to satisfy? "

No comments:

Featured Post

Staring at men in white habits pass by on a sunny day

Someone sent the following text message to this blog yesterday: 'At Heuston Station waiting to collect someone. One of your men is walki...