I wrote something on this blog and I wrote it in great anger. Why?
When I received the order of tonsure, the then archbishop of Dublin was meant to cut my hair in a symbolic way. At the time I had long curly hair and that man grabbed my hair in a savage fashion and cut it like a savage.
I can still remember walking back from the altar feeling very strange. His behaviour and action was that of a man with serious difficulties. It probably was 1972 or 1973 and he was the archbishop of Dublin.
Of course it was not acceptable bahaviour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
A red letter day in the history of the Catholic Church
On this day, Thursday, October 11, 1962 The Second Vatican Council began. It was the first ecumenical council of the Catholic Church in c do...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
No comments:
Post a Comment