Saturday, February 10, 2018

Benedict writes about his pilgrimage towards home

On this date, February 11, 2013, the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes the Vatican confirmd that Pope Benedict XVl would resign as pope on February 28.

In a letter last week in the Corriere della Sera Benedict said he was on the last phase of his 'pilgrimage towards home'.

He wrote:

“I am moved that so many readers want to know how I spend my days in this, the last period of the life.

“I can only say that with the slow withering of my physical forces, interiorly, I am on a pilgrimage towards home.”

No comments:

Featured Post

‘Holy' and ‘Sacred' can easily be misused word

This week’s Mediahuis Irish regional newspapers’ column Michael Commane Paddy Cullen, no, not the former Dublin goalkeeper but a retired che...