Monday, October 2, 2017

Bishop apologises

I wish to apologise for contributing to any misinformation, or indeed for causing upset to anyone, concerning use of the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccines.

My intervention was in response to concerns which I had received about HPV vaccines from parents wishing to make the best health decision on behalf of their children, and from young people alike.  My intention was solely motivated to protect people from the HPV.

I was not fully informed about the vaccination programme and I can see now how HPV vaccines can contribute greatly to lowering the rate of cervical cancer.  As I have learnt, possession of full information is paramount on this vital health issue.

Bishop Alphonsus Cullinan is Bishop of Waterford & Lismore.                                                       

Catholic Communications Office Maynooth:

No comments:

Featured Post

Hugh Grant, John Paul II and Rupert Murdoch

We’ll  never now hear the full story of the sordid ways of Rupert Murdoch. On the other hand don’t we know enough about the man. And it’s un...