Friday, February 3, 2017

Hitler's first radio interview

A quote from Hitler's first radio interview as German chancellor.  The interview was on February 3, 1933. He became chancellor on January 30, 1933.

Sound familiar?

Referring to his broadcast statement yesterday, Herr Hitler said that if he had wanted to make an electoral campaign speech he could have promised that by March 15 unemployment would cease and that by May 1 agriculture would be back on its feet.

"In this I am more honest than most of my political opponents,” he remarked. He concluded the interview by saying: “I am tenacious and have strong nerves. If I had not I would not be standing where I am.”

No comments:

Featured Post

Former German chancellor snuggles up to Putin in Moscow

Since the beginning of the Russian war in Ukraine Russia has bombed over 4,700 educational institutions in the country according to Ukrainia...