Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The micro sneaky increases no one talks about

We are all being told to expect to earn less. We are all being asked to sacrifice. We are all being told that we pay ourselves too much.

All true.

On Saturday I bought a breakfast roll. It cost 45 cent - an increase of six cent on the previous week.

Today I travelled by Luas to work. The fare from Milltown to Harcourt Street was €2The last time I travelled on that section the fare was less.

And not a word, at least I have read or heard nothing about the Luas increase. I have no control over the macro economics but if you and I decided these increases are simply not fair then why aer we all so silent.

No comments:

Featured Post

The world sure is in a state of chassis

Conor Cruise O’Brien was prescient when he coined the acronym GUBU when he referring to a political scandal in Ireland during a Haughey gove...