Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Guardian done it

How the mighty have fallen.

The lead story on page 29 of yesterday's Guardian runs 'America sunk these pirates, but the Age of Might is over'.

There is obviously a campaign afoot to interchange the imperfect tense of certain verbs with the participle form of the perfect tense.

It all seems to point in the direction that the Irish are ahead of the posse. After all many of us say 'I done' and 'I have went'.

Is this the relativism that Pope Benedict opposes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the grammar lessons Michael! Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think I liked you better when you were bitching about the church!

Featured Post

A personal request

I would be grateful if Sean, who made a comment on this blog about the late Paddy Cullen, contact me. Is it possible to have your email addr...