Sunday, January 30, 2022

Fiddle player Martin Hayes talking great sense

Wise and interesting words from musician Martin Hayes. The fiddle player is a member of the Irish-American group, The Glooming.

Since those years of discovery in Chicago, I have tried to live my life as an act of faith - a belief that, if I’m on the correct path, I can face all uncertainty without much worry or fear. I do not walk this path consistently; I wander off repeatedly - every day, in fact.

I can get hooked on materialism, selfishness or moral judgement of some sort, I’m continuously falling and failing, but I relentlessly correct my ways as I go. 

No comments:

Featured Post

BBC reporter first journalist to get copy of Belfast Agreement

An obituary in The Irish Times yesterday. It makes for a lovely read. His comment on John Hume is worth noting. Stephen Grimason, who has di...