I've never found it difficult to see that it isn't God who is killing us in gas chambers, in ditches, on cliff sides, on 186 white stairs.
God doesn't run the death camps. People do. But here is the horror again and I don't want to indulge it.
I picture God like being a dancing child. sprightly and innocent and curious.
I must be also if I am to be close to God now.
I want to keep alive the part of me that feels wonder, that wonders, until the very end.
An excerpt from The Choice by Edith Eger, published 2017.
The piece above describes her feelings while at Mauthausen concentration camp. She and her sister had been moved with many others from Auschwitz as the Red Army was approaching from the east.
A great book and highly recommended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
A red letter day in the history of the Catholic Church
On this day, Thursday, October 11, 1962 The Second Vatican Council began. It was the first ecumenical council of the Catholic Church in c do...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
No comments:
Post a Comment