Forty one years ago today the Germans beat the Dutch in the World Cup in Munich.
Also on that day Martin Boyle and I were ordained Dominican priests in St Mary's Priory, Tallaght.
We often meet, talk and laugh about it all, the experiences we have gathered, the nonsnese we have seen, the craziness we have endured and the great people we have encountered.
Martin is well known across the city as a counsellor. A man of kindness and wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Why won’t people speak to me when I call the number?
This week's column in The Kerryman newspaper. Michael Commane Conor, who is now in his 50s, told me a funny story about how one day some...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
1 comment:
I missed the ordination ceremony you speak of, Michael. On that same day I heard radio commentary on that World Cup Final while on my way by train from Frankfurt-am-Main to Salzburg.
Post a Comment