Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Oil companies profiting from a sick planet is obscene
Mark O'Connell at his very best in the weekend edition of The Irish Times. No one should miss this article. How long more will the peopl...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
3 comments:
Why is the Angelus bell rung on Irish radio (and TV) at all?
Well, when I was a child I recall praying the Angelus with workmen when out in the fields of my grand-uncle's farm.
I don't recall a regular praying of the `angelus in Dublin.
I suppose the national radio station took over a custom that was widespread throughout the land.
Might that be the reason? Is there anything wrong with that?
Is there anything 'wrong' with Aer Lingus calling their aircraft after the names of Irish saints?
But I'm still wondering why it is not rung on Sunday.
Post a Comment