Does some sort of edict go out that everyone who appears on British television in these days must wear a poppy?
Not for a moment is there an issue about remembering the war dead but the apparent universality of poppy wearing surely raises issues.
If someone now appeared not wearing a poppy, it would almost seem as if it were a protest.
Odd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
The Irish word Shleeveen perfectly hits the spot, brilliant
Every language has its special words, every language has gems that are almost impossible to translate. And Irish is no exception, indeed, ma...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
5 comments:
Yes. There is such an edict in British television. It is part of the current wave of political correctness and it is a disgrace.
I agree that in this context a person refusing to wear a poppy would be making a protest.
My own experience with the poppy comes at it from the opposite angle.
Who is Polo?
I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
Pól Ó Duibhir
I think I have identified myself here before.
It comes up as Póló when I am logged into my Photopol or Cnagaire blogs.
I will try and remember simply to use the name in future comments.
Post a Comment