Mount Carmel Hospital in south Dublin was built and run by the Blue Nuns. It is now owned and managed by a private company.
It was and is a private hospital.
The hospital was officially opened in 1960 by the then archbishop of Dublin, John Charles McQuaid.
There is mosaic style wall tile recalling the official opening.
Visitors to the hospital can read in large letters that the hospital was officially opened by 'His Grace, Archbishop of Dublin John Charles McQuaid..."
Surely it's time to remove such offensive words from a public place.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
RTÉ’s Tommy Tiernan Show at its best
The Three guests on RTÉ’s Tommy Tiernan Show on Saturday night were Martin O’Neill, Jocelyn Bell Burnell and Marti Pellow. Jocelyn Bell Burn...
-
Benedict Gerard Hegarty was Fr Benedict Hegarty OP born in Passage West, Co Cork on February 13, 1937. He attended Christian Brothers Colleg...
-
John O’Rourke was born in Newry on November 14, 1939. He joined the Dominican Order in September 1958 and was ordained a priest in July 1965...
-
Below is the response from the United States Episcopal Church to President Donald Trump’s apology demand from the bishop on X. It's qui...
No comments:
Post a Comment