We are all being told to expect to earn less. We are all being asked to sacrifice. We are all being told that we pay ourselves too much.
All true.
On Saturday I bought a breakfast roll. It cost 45 cent - an increase of six cent on the previous week.
Today I travelled by Luas to work. The fare from Milltown to Harcourt Street was €2The last time I travelled on that section the fare was less.
And not a word, at least I have read or heard nothing about the Luas increase. I have no control over the macro economics but if you and I decided these increases are simply not fair then why aer we all so silent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Celebrating the day of German Unity, but what if?
On this day, October 3, 1990 The German Democratic Republic was abolished, and incorporated into The Federal Republic of Germany. The event ...
-
An interesting quote from Napoleon Bonaparte: “The honest man never doubts the existence of God’.
-
This is a worrying story. It’s written by Conor Pope and appeared in The Irish Times on Monday. It becomes ever more worrying how large org...
-
Former Dominican priest Tom Tom Brodie Brodie died in a nursing home in Galway yesterday. He had been ailing for some time. He was born in C...
No comments:
Post a Comment