Friday, March 3, 2017

Marie Collins deserves praise on her resignation

Irish woman Marie Collins has resigned from her position on the Vatican Commission for the Protection of Minors.

She was interviewed during the week on a number of media outlets including RTE Television and BBC Radio 4, where she clearly explained her reasons for resigning.

"I have come to the point where I can no longer be sustained by hope,” she said. “As a survivor I have watched events unfold with dismay.

“I cannot, at this point, accept that there are still men in the Vatican who would resist work to help children,” she said.

Obviously Ms Collins has experienced first hand the machinations of the institutional clerical world. But naive of her to expect anything else.
Has the papal nuncio in Ireland made any public comment about her resignation?

Ms Collins has to be admired for her honesty, bravery and insight.

No comments:

Featured Post

A personal request

I would be grateful if Sean, who made a comment on this blog about the late Paddy Cullen, contact me. Is it possible to have your email addr...