Saturday, March 11, 2017

"I hope in your word"

A few lines from Psalm 118(119), which on this day sound and feel appropriate.

Some few short lines from this Psalm are read at Morning Prayer today.

I call with all my heart; answer me, Lord,
    and I will obey your decrees.
 I call out to you; save me
    and I will keep your statutes.
 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
    I have put my hope in your word.
 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
    that I may meditate on your promises.
 Hear my voice in accordance with your love;
    preserve my life, Lord, according to your laws.
 Those who devise wicked schemes are near,
    but they are far from your law.
 Yet you are near, Lord,
    and all your commands are true.
 Long ago I learned from your statutes
    that you established them to last forever.

No comments:

Featured Post

Former Dominican Michael McCarthy (1941 - 2026) RIP

Former Dominican priest Michael McCarthy died today in Cork. Michael was born on February 17, 1941 in Galway, joined the Dominican Order in ...