Friday, July 8, 2016

A man lying on the ground

This morning a delivery man was lying on the ground close to his truck outside SuperValu in Rathgar.

Gardaí had just arrived and were attending to the incident.

I was cycling by. Was wondering should I approach one of the gardaí, explain I was a priest and should I give the man a blessing.

You don't do those things these days. I hesitated, was nervous, eventually approached one of the garda.

I introduced myself. He was so nice, told me the man was okay.

It was honestly a moment of grace and the garda was most empathetic.

An ambulance arrived and cared for the man.

No comments:

Featured Post

A personal request

I would be grateful if Sean, who made a comment on this blog about the late Paddy Cullen, contact me. Is it possible to have your email addr...