Thursday, December 3, 2015

Kindness is always best

It was a wet dark morning in Dublin. At a road junction where I was on the major road a car attempted to cross my path. I shouted some expletives, the driver of the car heard or else saw me at the last moment and slowed down.

We were both stopped at the next set of lights, he in his car and I on my bicycle. He opened the window and apologised. I asked him had he heard my expletives. He had. I too apologised for their use.

He said he well understood why I used them and said he had not seen me. He was most apologetic.

Being kind, gracious and forgiving always works over anger, violence and rudeness.

A nasty way to begin the day. A wonderful way to begin the day. 

No comments:

Featured Post

Channel 4 shows the lies told by UK Post Office bosses

Channel 4’s main evening news yesterday spent the first 20 minutes reporting on the UK Post Office scandal. They played audio tapes from 201...