Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life after death

Today is the 20th anniversary of my mother's death. She died at 06.10 in Dublin's Meath Hospital. The hospital is gone but I pass the building every Tuesday and Thurdsay going to and from work.

Many people of my generation are 'iffy' about heaven and hell. I am part of that 'elite'.

But when it comes to speaking about my parents I have no difficulty whatsoever in saying that they have not been annihilated, rather that they are with God in heaven.

Is that what God's love is about?
It's strange how all the pious waffle can be so irritating, patronising and nonsense-talk and yet when it comes to those we love we can immediately find a home for them in heaven.

If it were not Lent the Dominican Order would be celebrating the feast of Blessed Reginald today.

No comments:

Featured Post

A personal request

I would be grateful if Sean, who made a comment on this blog about the late Paddy Cullen, contact me. Is it possible to have your email addr...